Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Looking for an Osmos HD to play on your Android device? Try Osmos HD!

at 12:00 PM
Let me introduce myself. My name is Elesia, aka Neko/Kat/anything as long as you don’t mispronounce my name. I am a casual gamer. At one point in my life, I was very into Final Fantasy and the like, and even beat one game almost sorta kinda not really who cares. Anyway, puzzle games have always been my favorite.

I have been searching for a good game to play on my Acer A500 tablet or Droid X2 phone. Turns out, there is a lot of crap out there. Android apps are just not put under the same scrutiny as Apple’s apps receive. This can be both good and bad; it just means there’s a whole lot more of everything on Android. Therefore, the process has been a lot of trial and error.


One of the best I have found so far (aside from reiterations of already-awesome games such as Bit.Trip Beat and World of Goo), is Osmos HD. The visuals are stunning, first of all. I have not yet tried it on my phone, but on my tablet, it’s beautiful. Sometimes it’s nice to just watch all the pretty bubbles glide around.

woah duuuude
The music is also fantastic. Ambient and pretty, more than background noise but not so much that it’s overpowering. It changes pace when you speed up or slow down the action, which I find to be a nice touch. The best part in my mind, though, is that the name and title of each song is displayed inconspicuously as it starts playing.

As for the game play, this ends up being one of those fun, addictive, but fucking frustrating games, at least for me. It starts you off slow. You play the part of a light blue blob that just wants to absorb all his friends (as long as they’re smaller than you). As you get bigger, the blobs around you change color to show how close they are to being small enough for you to absorb. Red blobs are too big, and will just suck you up. Propelling yourself expends energy, and makes you smaller.


It’s pretty simple, but it gets hectic and complicated quickly as other sorts of blobs are added. Some actively try to move away from you, some try to chase you, and some are like planets, orbits and all. Then you add the ability to slow down or speed up, which changes everything.


Despite my need to BEAT ALL THE LEVELS, I doubt I will get to that point with this particular game. And that’s okay with me. It’s a lot of fun, and the soundtrack really keeps me in the game. I highly recommend playing it, for those of you who enjoy puzzle games.

No comments:

Post a Comment